AKEREI MENTORING PROGRAMME
Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
A Pasifika Focused Programme designed to:
1. FOSTER: Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
2. ENHANCE: Confidence, Resilience and Wellbeing
The Akerei Mentoring Programme has been created in response to COVI19 and aligned to the Ministry of Social Developments Pacific Prosperity Strategy (PPS) launched in 2019 and Pacific Aotearoa Lalaga Fou (PALGF) goals launched in 2018.
▪ PPS identified a vision that Pacific peoples, families and communities thrive and flourish in Aotearoa.
▪ PALGF identified its goals of achieving: Thriving Pacific cultures, languages and identities, Prosperous Pacific communities, Health and resilient Pacific peoples and Confident, thriving and resilient Pacific young people.
▪ Central to these documents is enhancing Pasifika wellbeing and prosperity through innovative ways to unlock economic and social wellbeing.
▪ The Akerei Mentoring Programme is perfectly aligned with the aforementioned strategic documents as outlined in the programme purpose and is intent on increasing thriving business ownership/self-employment among Pacific communities to improve economic success that translates to individual and community wellbeing.